Saturday, March 8, 2014

Goodbye Ash Trees

This week we had the unfortunate luck to have our street picked for ash tree removal. Those darn Emerald Ash Borers have done a number on the ash trees here in the Twin Cities and the city has had to remove many of them. They probably chopped down around 25 of them on my street and I barely recognize my own road when I walk down it now. I know they have to remove them, but I just can't help but feel like the Lorax who wants to go protect the trees. But the real foe is the Ash Borer, not the men with chainsaws.
The funniest thing to come out of this, however, was this saucy piece of vandalism I found on my walk home today. 

                                    

Out of service indeed. Hopefully we'll get new trees planted when winter finally goes away and maybe they'll be smart to not plant all of the same tree up and down the whole street this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment