Sunday, April 27, 2014

Hip-Hop Remixes Science

So, just a short post on a few videos I found on Youtube the other day about the organization Science Genius. This isn't totally garden related, but it's so cool that I just had to share.
Science Genius is an organization working with New York schools with communities of students that don't really connect to science all that well. What they do is try to connect science to something they do know well: Hip-Hop and Rap. Just hearing that alone made my science education bells go off and I had to know more. With my current class about how to get kids more interested in plants and horticulture in new and exciting ways, this is an awesome example of that creativity that we need in today's classrooms.
I'll let the videos explain more.

Hip Hop Remixes Science (Science Genius Part 1)

Wu-Tang's GZA drops knowledge at Bronx Compass (Science Genius Part 2)

If you don't think this is one of the coolest things they've come up with so far to teach science, then please enlighten me as to what is.

No comments:

Post a Comment